Heartaches, breakups, peer pressure, career setbacks and what not.
Well, the list of all these heart-wrenching, grief-stricken words never end. Moreover, every time that these make a way into your life, you end up not loving yourself.
I was on a call with my best friend the other night and we were talking about how life has changed for us. From the time we used to feel like there is a lot to do the entire day to the time now that 24 hours seem never enough to get done with our work. It is satiating. And I guess all you 20 something’s out there might be going through the same.
So, what do you do to slow down? How do you manage to survive in the fast-paced world? What do you do to attract happiness? How do you love yourself?
I have been there in most of these situations and trust me these ways that I have jotted down for you right here, will prove out to be great.
For the body:
- Fill your body with food that nourishes you and gives your tummy a special treat now and then.
- Move that beautiful body of yours. Dance to your heart’s content. (If alone, try out your moves in front of the mirror.)
- Do not just lie down there in your bed in the morning. Go out, breathe in some fresh air and let it all go.
- Dress up, show up and never give up.
- Hit the parlor or the mall, get your hair done, shop a little and treat yourself with all that sizzling junk.
For the mind:
- Start each day with a positive thought.
- Take time to calm out your mind every day. MEDITATE.
- Keep that inner critic inside of you at bay.
- Don’t believe everything that you think. Some things are best not thought about.
- Stop comparing yourself.
- Be realistic and let go of all the drama.
For the soul:
- Cry your heart out if you have to. Feel every bit of all the uneasy feelings. Without this emotion, we’ll just be robots.
- Go pack your bags and travel. Go to a place nearby. For me, solo travel gives me the kick. Try it out!
- Surround yourself with people who love you. Say a BIG NO to all the negative ones.
- Celebrate your wins no matter how big or small they are.
- Follow your passion religiously. Trust me this works.
- Learn to say NO to things.
- Pray. Like you eat for your body, pray for your soul.
- Write it all down. The goods and the bad. Scribble your heart out.
Having said all this, the body, mind and soul will be rejuvenated.
“I’m choosing happiness over suffering, I know I am. I’m making space for the unknown future to fill up my life with yet-to-come surprises.”
― Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love
Do not forget to share this post with your friends. Let them know the power of overcoming griefs, fears and losses.
Feel free to drop me a text if you wish to. I am open to conversations. Let’s gather some interesting inputs to be featured on the web page too.
P.S. Thank yourself for being you.
Until my next post,
Lots of love.